I'm working on a designer dress pattern using Cannon thread. This design first appeared on 2004 crochet magazine and was a free download some years back...now its for sale as a single pattern.
I chose this pattern since it looks challenging, yet doable. I was only a bit worried about using size 8 cotton thread, since it would mean a lot of trial and error and adjustments to the pattern.
Surprisingly, it wasn't much trouble to modify the pattern. I just went ahead and did it, and I had to finish the bodice so I can see what needs to be adjusted.
The first one was quite small, though I can still put it on. I am a size 32", but for this I followed the size 34" on the pattern. I used 2.5mm hook.
After I made the above bodice, I think I figured out how to make it right the next time.
So, I followed size 36" on the pattern and added another row for the base. I made the neckline lower, and also made less solid shell pattern and changed to lace pattern ahead. I added 3 rows on the sleeve edge too...
Here's my current attempt at finishing my lace tunic :)
I'm using Cannon MB864 (about 6 balls is needed), crochet hooks 2.5mm for the bodice and 2.5mm / 3mm for the skirt part.